Beef and Black Bean Nachos
If you need an easy dinner midweek, you can’t look past Nachos.
So simple to make and if you have a house of fussy eaters its perfect for hiding veg!
Serve topped with fresh salad, guacamole and lashings of sour cream, this dish is sure to please!
- 500g minced beef
- 1 x red onion - diced (save half for salsa)
- 2 x corn cobs - kernels removed
- 1 x red capsicum - diced
- 1 x can black beans - drained
- 1 x pack plain corn chips
- 1 x sachet burrito seasoning
- 1 x cup water
- 200g grated cheese
- 1 x avocado - diced
- 1 x handful fresh coriander - roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt & cracked black pepper
- Heat a large frypan to medium heat;
- Pop in a good lug of olive oil and half your chopped red onion. Fry slowly until onion is slightly translucent;
- Add in your corn, capsicum and black beans and cook slowly until tender;
- Next add the beef and cook until browned;
- Sprinkle over your seasoning and cook for a minute until all flavours are mixed through;
- Add the water, stir well until the mixture is slightly sloppy;
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whilst your meat is resting, arrange your corn chips in a large pie dish or similar (you want a pan with short sides to ensure a bit of crunch stays on the chips);
- Spoon the meat mixture evenly over the top, ensuring there are lots of chips half buried in the mix;
- Top with your grated cheese and pop in the preheated oven for approx 10mins or until the cheese is bubbly and gooey;
- When done, remove and rest for a few minutes whilst you mix together the half diced onion, avocado, coriander, salt, pepper and lime juice to taste.
- Spoon over your Nachos, grab the sour cream and serve!!