Healthy Active Kids Pack Giveaway!
Kids know they have to eat well, but do they know how much of each food type they should be eating? The Healthy Eating Plate is a way to easily see how much protein, carbohydrate, and vegetables children need in a main meal. Kids can fill their plates using the guide and gain a greater understanding of nutritional value.
This great idea is brought to you by our good friends at Nestle. They have created the Healthy Active Kids program which is all about helping children learn about healthy eating and activity in new, engaging ways. It contains over 80 free lesson plans written by Australian teachers and is tailored to State and Territory curriculums for Health and Physical Education. There are also videos of Australian athletes and fun games for parents to play with their kids at home.
There is also a fantastic resource (which we really loved) all about teaching kids what makes a balanced lunchbox. There are great lunchbox tips, ideas on serving size and great printables you can use to help teach your kids about creating a well-balanced meal. There is also a stack of great recipes perfect for any lunchbox!
We have one fabulous Healthy Active Kids Pack to giveaway thanks to Nestle!
Inside you will find:
- A kids Healthy Eating Plate, a great guide for portion sizes for the little ones at dinner time
- An adult Healthy Eating Plate, showing portion sizes for mum or dad
- An apron, so your kids can jump in the kitchen to help you out (but not make the laundry even harder!)
- A flip-book guide to help make packing lunchboxes a breeze
- A mini whisk, the perfect size for kids’ hands, to help whip up some yummy treats
To enter, all you need to do is comment at the bottom of this post and let us know your favourite healthy lunchbox idea. The most creative and tasty entry will win!*
*Givaway will end on Friday 12th August 2016, at midnight. Winner will be contacted via email. HYB Decision is final. Entries open to Australian Residents Only.