Nestle Bakers’ Choice Giveaway!
This week is super exciting as we have been road testing the re-launched range of Bakers’ Choice Baking Products from Nestle.
Forget using just choc bits, there is now a great new range of chocolate available for all your baking needs. I must admit I was just a teensy bit excited to receive this box and Nestle did not disappoint, stuffing it full of chocolate galore!!
I used each and every pack and have been really loving getting to test them all. Today I’m sharing the recipe for my Choc Hazelnut Praline Tart ( and if you keep your eyes peeled on our Instagram page this coming week you will see loads of pics of all the other things I’ve made with the Bakers Choice range!).
The Bakers’ Choice Range consists of these great products:
- Cocoa Powder – Perfect for dusting and sifting
- Choc Bits – Add to recipes when you want to bite into a bit!
- Chocolate Chunks – For Pouring and Melting
- Choc Melts – The go-to when you want to dip, coat, mould or ice!
The possibilities are endless and I know just how much fun you will have creating fabulous chocolate treats with this range! If you log on to the Bakers Corner you can grab a whole loads of ideas, tips and tricks and your family will be cheering!!
Nestle is giving us one fabulous prize pack (valued at over $100) to giveaway for one lucky reader! All you need to do is comment on this post including the hashtags #NestleBakersChoice and #HoneyYouBaked and let us know what you would create with the Bakers’ Choice Range. The recipe idea that tempts our taste buds the most will win!*
- 2 x eggs
- 115g butter
- 170g Sugar
- 225g SR Flour
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 25g butter
- ½ bag Dark Choc Melts
- 200mls pure cream
- 100g Hazelnuts
- ½ Cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- ½ Bag Dark Choc Chunks
- 25g butter
- A good shot of Frangelico Liqueur
- To an electric mixer, add the butter and sugar and mix well until light and fluffy;
- Add eggs, one at a time;
- Add flour and milk and mix until well combined;
- Pour into a large tart tin and cook or 180Deg C for approx 30 mins or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- To make your mousse, melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over very low heat. Allow to cool slightly then add the egg yolks and mix well;
- In separate bowls, whip your egg whites to stiff peaks and your cream so it holds it shape;
- Add the cream to the chocolate mixture and fold in;
- Now add the egg whites, carefully folding to keep the mixture light.
- Spread the chocolate mousse on top of the cake layer and refrigerate until set.
- Make your praline by adding the sugar and water to a saucepan on very low heat. swirl the pan every so often as the sugar dissolves and turns a golden colour;
- pour on to a sheet of baking paper and top immediately with the hazelnuts. Set aside and allow to firm. Once done, snap a few shards for decoration and place the rest in a bag and break up with a rolling pin.
- The chocolate sauce is made by adding the chocolate and butter to a heatproof jug and microwaving in 30 second increments until melted. Be sure to mix well after each go. Once melted, add your shot of alcohol and mix well until smooth and glossy.
- Serve your tart with praline shards and sprinkles and a generous pour of hot chocolate sauce.
*Giveaway ends Friday, 5th August 2016 at midnight. Winners will be notified by email. Entries open to Australian residents only. HYB Decision is final.