Pear and Raspberry Bread
It’s Sunday night and although I’m quite looking forward to bed (really, who isn’t..) I’m certainly NOT looking forward to the early wake up and onslaught of the week ahead. My life has been so hectic recently it’s akin to me being one of those little mice on the whirly wheels (at least that’s what I feel like).
This weekend I did a nice little stack of cooking and my fridge is full to bursting with quick and easy breakfasts, finished lunch boxes and several yummy snacks. One of which worked out so well I thought I may share. Say hello to my super yummy Pear and Raspberry Bread!
I’m a big fan of banana bread, and it’s a great item to have on hand for snacks and school lunches, however since Miss Z is allergic to Bananas I figured we may as well try something else. I cheated a bit and bought a can of pears rather than fresh, but that’s just because I was lazy and felt like saving time. Of course using fresh pears would be best but you would have to cook and puree them first. This loaf gave me about 10 chunky slices and was so lovely and moist and not too sweet. I did end up toasting all the slices in my sandwich press before packing away and that one extra step really made all the difference.
- 800g pureed pears
- ¼ cup pear juice
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 x egg
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- 1½ cups SR Flour
- Lightly spray a silicone loaf tin with oil and set on a tray;
- Preheat your oven to 180Deg C;
- Puree your pears and set aside;
- In a large bowl, sift first, then mix together all dry ingredients;
- Whisk your egg a little and add to the bowl, along with the pears and juice;
- Mix together until well incorporated;
- Add the frozen berries, mix to combine and then pour into your prepared tin;
- Bake for approx 40-50 mins, testing to check when done.
- Allow to cool completely then slice and serve!