Get the kids outside with fun bubbly water play
The sun is finally showing its face here in Tassie and I’m keen to get the kids outside on these longer days.
Water play is guaranteed to get them outside. It’s easy to set up and will keep them occupied while you get stuff done (or lie in a hammock with a book and a cheeky wine or some chocolate – just sayin’)…
Here are a few things that you can have at the ready to make up a water play session quickly.
- Ice – cubes are great – toys frozen into cubes or larger moulds are even better!
- Bath bombs – fizzing scented water = awesome!
- Empty Squeeze Bottles – we use sauce bottles. These are great for squeezing water through, but even more fun if you add food colouring! A different colour for each bottle will make for fun seeing what the colours male combined.
- Bubble Bath – obvious reasons!
- Bath Toys – or cups, bowls, anything really.
- Zip Lock Bags – sounds weird, but half filled with water, these are slippery and fun to play with and see if they sink or float and for pouring things onto.
- A water play table – or big container (preferably shallow and long)