Chipotle Chicken & Corn Salad
Easy, Fresh, Fast.
That’s exactly how to describe this fabulous Chipotle Chicken and Corn Salad. So easy to prepare and the flavours are so vibrant you could close your eyes and be forgiven for thinking you were in Mexico. With the weather finally starting to warm up (Yippee!) this is a quick midweek meal your family will love. Serve it alfresco, add a chilled bottle of wine and enjoy the springtime!
- 2 x Corn Cobs - Chargrilled and kernels removed
- 2 x tomatoes - chopped
- 2 x spring onions - sliced nice and fine
- 1 x small handful corriander - chopped finely
- ½ Red Capsicum - chargrilled and diced finely
- ½ Red Onion - diced finely
- 3 x large chicken breasts
- 6 x smoked Chipotle Chilli's in sauce - diced
- 1 x cup sour cream
- Juice of 1 x Lime
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for dressing)
- Salt & Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- Reserve ⅓ of the Chipotle peppers and sauce. Mix this with the sour cream and S&P to taste and set aside;
- Use the rest of the chilli's to coat the chicken breasts well.
- Heat a grill to medium hot and cook the chicken until juicy and just done;
- Meanwhile, combine the corn kernels, tomatoes, red capsicum, spring onions, red onion and corriander in a bowl;
- Make a dressing using the lime juice, olive oil, salt & pepper and pour over the vegetables, mixing well;
- Once the chicken is done, slice into thick slices and serve with your corn salad and chipotle cream.
TOP TIP! Add some avocado to this salad upon serving for a bit of extra yum!