Nude Food Day 2015
Nude Food Day 2015 is already ramping up and there are plenty of opportunities for you to be a part of it! Why not get your school involved and be a Nude Food Warrior!
“Nude Food Day is a nationwide initiative developed to encourage kids and parents to eat well and live well, and eliminate all unnecessary packaging and wrapping that goes into schools”.
We all know the great range of SMASH products and how they make packing school lunches so much easier (and fact – they are downright funky too – check them all out here!). Here are a few ways you can get in on the act, help promote Nude Food Day and support our environment!
How you can get involved as an individual:
- Minimise the waste in your home and make your food as nude as possible. This could be by buying in bulk to cut packaging or using containers for storage instead of plastic wrap.
- Teaching your kids how to cook and eat “nude” rather than buying stuff in packaging. No more pre-cooked, processed foods! Learn how to cook your own bread, pies or cakes!
- Share your favourite Nude Food recipes/photos or events on social media with the hashtag #nudefoodday
- Become an Ambassador for Nude Food Day in your local community!
How your school can get involved:
- Signing up to Nude Food Day Competition
- Utilise the great resources from the Nude Food Day Website
- Get your class teachers/parent helpers included and run lessons on the best ways to pack a healthy nude lunchbox
- Start a Nude Food Challenge at your school!
Honey, You Baked! are BIG fans of Nude Food Day and we will be right there with you every step of the way! We will be creating great new recipes and utilising some of our old favourites to prove making lunches healthy, fast and NUDE is no hassle! If you need a little more inspiration, have a look at these great lunch ideas!