Marshmallow Nougat. Sounds weird, tastes fabulous!
Up until last weekend I never knew you could melt marshmallows and now I do I’ve a zillion ideas I want to try. This was just one. I’m normally not a nougat fan as it’s always so hard and teeth-shattering, however using the marshmallow makes so so soft and creamy – its totally a different nougat experience.
I used various things I had in my pantry at the time but there is no end to the flavoured delights you could concoct with this!!
- 100g white marshmallows
- ¼ cup sultanas
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup pistachios or almonds
- Icing sugar to dust
- Line a bread pan with baking paper and dust with icing sugar;
- Chop nuts and mix with all other dry ingredients;
- Melt your marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl in your microwave for 30 seconds at a time until melted;
- Remove and quickly stir through all other ingredients;
- Pour mixture into your lined tin and refrigerate until set;
- Remove from tin and take off the baking paper. Slice into squares and dust well with icing sugar.
- Don't eat too many at once!