Christmas Organisation – Food and Drinks
Today we are talking Christmas F&B. Now is the time to go and clean out that fridge, take stock of what’s in your deep freezer and go through your pantry to make sure you can be ahead of the game this Christmas. Grab your Christmas Planner we gave you last week and lets get going!
Think about all the sorts of things you would normally have, as well as special items, treats, snacks and any extra dinners or breakfasts needed for your house guests? If you have the space (even temporarily) and can do this type of organisation in advance, it will definitely save you money, time and the awesomeness that is not having to be at the supermarket at the last minute with 50 thousand other people.
A study done in the UK awhile back said that the average UK family takes “two days, 10 hours and 48 minutes…thinking, planning and shopping for food for Christmas dinner”. Insanity!! Trust me on this – Check out some of the great ideas below and you can be sure it will not take you that long!!
Check out some of these great pointers below and see what can help you this year!
- Jot down what food and drink items you will need. Think of everything – not just the big day itself but other times you may need extra food. Parties? End of Year Picnics? Friends or out of town rellies dropping on for a quick hello?;
- Each time you to head to the shop for your groceries, buy a few items on the list;
- What about finding a store that sells items you need in bulk – like Costco or catering wholesalers;
- Consider doing a bulk order for your meats. Hand over your list to the butcher and ask him what’s the best price he can do for all of it. Compare a few (don’t forget online butchers!);
- Ordering online for alcohol is also a good way to save, both money and time. Delivery of all that stuff means you don’t have to lug it all home from the shops (bliss)