Quick and Easy Ways to Organise Your Laundry
Hot on the Heels of our Spring Cleaning Challenge, I have been busy trying to organise the most used spaces in my home. (Sadly) the most used space in this place seems to be the laundry!!
It is very small and ends up being the dumping ground for a multitude of stuff (and I hate stuff that gets dumped!). I spent the day cleaning, clearing and re-arranging and have managed to create a workable and useable space. Yay Me!
What I did..
- Firstly, I cleared the clutter and get rid of anything that didn’t live there (old and broken craft projects, a can of spray paint, several tools, ripped and unusable dog jackets, random plastic bags, a dirty broom used outside and a funny looking pump thingy that Himself uses to put oil in the underside bits of his car…you know – just the usual things);
- I looked into a few space saving additions like a hanging rail that goes over the inside of the external door to make use of the one-and-only patch of sunlight I seem to get in my house;
- I pulled out everything in the cupboards, chucked what I didn’t use, repacked the rest and re-housed as much as I could into different places (bathroom towels and bath mats are now kept in the bathroom – makes sense don’t you think?);
- Finally I found a few empty plastic storage boxes and used these to sort craft/paints for the children, Dog Stuff (lead, brush, coat, flea treatments etc) and lightbulbs inside the cupboard space;
- My wash bags are now hanging from the side of the dryer with the help of several strong magnetic clips I found at Daiso. I can add stockings, bras and other items into separate bags and they get unclipped and chucked straight into the wash at night. The bag gets re-hung on the clip which lets it dry out and keeps it ready for more dirty stuff the next day. Pure Genius:)
- My (very small) section of counter-top now serves as a bag drop zone. This has been the best change as both the children and Himself can put their school/work bags up on the counter which means they are easily accessible and off the floor! (Anything that stops me tripping over a schoolbag is a good idea to me!!).
I also made a great little Printable which allows anyone new to my laundry to be able to use the equipment and follow my Laundry Rules. Feel Free to download it HERE and use it at your place!!