Spring Cleaning Your Home and Your Life: Week 2 – Wardrobes and Cupboards!
Have you all been working with us on our August Spring Clean Challenge?
This week we tackle the wardrobes and cupboards. Have you downloaded your Spring Cleaning Checklist Yet? Get It Here!
Grab your glass of wine, a girlfriend or two and start with those clothes…..
Points to remember:
- Always try on everything. You may have changed size since you wore it last;
- Have a girlfriend on hand to give you an expert opinion. Sometimes we talk ourselves into saying something fits when clearly – it just doesn’t. Good Girlfriends don’t lie;
- If you have no idea when or where you wore it last – get rid of it!
- If you are holding on to your favourite jeans (which may be threadbare and ready to split) or any other item of clothing just because “it’s comfy” – do yourself a favour and go buy some more;
- Don’t forget your shoes, acessories and underwear!
For the kids stuff:
- If keeping your kids clothes for hand me downs, arrange into size groups and pack summer and winter things seperately. Vacuum packing bags are great for this;
- For all clothes you are not keeping – check each and every item. If its stained – add to rag bag, if its still good – donate to friends with kids or a charity.
All those other cupboards:
- Sort into Donate, Throw Out and Keep;
- Keep most used items in front;
- Don’t forget the Medicine Cupboard and First Aid Kit
- If you lack space, try moving things like towels into bedrooms. Everyone has towels handy when they need one and you gain a cupboard to store other things.