Spring Cleaning Your Home and Your Life! – Week 1 – All That Storage!
This week we are continuing our Spring Clean Challenge and focusing on All That Storage!
Now we are all ready to go, lets head to our storage rooms and get right into it!
I find it’s a good idea to:
- Check out what you have;
- Decide what you can’t live without (does it need packing or labelling?);
- Decide what to sell (take pics, note dimensions and condition straight away so you have all the info at your fingertips when it comes to placing your adverts)
- Decide what to donate – this is the first to go! Create a pile and take to your local charity straight away!
Points to Remember:
- Plastic stackable boxes are great for storage – they keep away insects and dust;
- Create space by utilising current storage or purchasing some;
- Keep the most used items near the door so they are easily accessible
Once you have decided what stays and what goes, get to the jobs immediately. Pack your car full of items for Charity and drop them off Straight Away!
If you have a large amount of junk for the bin, consider calling your local council for a rubbish pick up, or investing in a skip bin which will get all of it removed for you quickly and conveniently.
Finally, sit down at your computer and place adverts for all your items to be sold.
Grab a glass of wine and congratulate yourself! You should have now marked off all the boxes on your “Storage” section of your Spring Cleaning Printable. If not – don’t worry. Keep at it and remember to join us again next week when we head to our wardrobes and cupboards for a much needed clean-out!