Preparing for school lunches
Yesterday I had a big crazy cook up day. I didn’t do any bulk preparation of meals, but since I’m down to no money (it’s pay week), I made up a heap of lunchbox fillers.
Thanks mostly to my thermomix, I made the following:
• A mountain of choc-chip cookies (Recipe from the Every Day Cookbook).
• Magic Bean Muffins (I base it off this recipe from Clever Cook, but I drop the eggs down to two or three depending on size)
• Nut free chocolate spread (recipe from Quirky Cooking here).
• Fruit, seed and chocolate museli bars (I’ve mentioned this recipe from Mixing it up in HK before. I omit the ginger and add dried apricots. For the rest of the dried fruits, I used dates, apples, plums and blueberries).
• White bread this recipe on the recipe community is my favourite Thermomix white bread recipe
• I also made up a batch of Easiyo yoghurt to go into Sinchie pouches.
The muffins and museli bars have gone into the freezer and I’ll pull them out as we need. I grabbed a pack of lamington fingers that had been marked down last week and they are frozen too.
There are snack cups in the fridge which have had baked beans decanted into them. I can either make a quick sandwich in the evening, or grab a cup of baked beans and then I just need to add a piece of fruit, add in a squeeze of yoghurt and two treats from the freezer. School lunch is quickly and easily sorted for the week!