Easy Iced Doughnuts
Today I thought I would share this quick and easy cheats’ way to make great iced doughnuts.
I love being able to take something fairly simple and pimp it up a bit to create something fun. These little beauties are perfect for kids parties as you can custom create the toppings to any theme or colour scheme. The best part is they take next to no time since the hard part (of making the doughnuts) is already done for you! WIN!
- One Dozen Plain Doughnuts - cold
- 500g Pure Icing Sugar
- Enough boiling water to make a smooth paste
- Food Colouring and any toppings you choose!
- Lay out your cold doughnuts on a wire rack;
- Sift your icing sugar and mix in the boiling water, a little at a time until you have a smooth paste which drips but is not runny. (Top Tip: If it's a bit too runny, just add some more icing sugar);
- Add your colouring, a little at a time until you reach the desired colour;
- Pour your icing mixture on to a flat plate and carefully dip one side of each doughnut into the icing. Lift and jiggle the doughnut a little to remove excess icing. Carefully flip the doughnut the right way up and place on the rack to dry. Repeat until all are done;
- Next is decoration time! You can add more icing swirls, sprinkles or anything you wish to create your own fancy iced doughnuts.
- Leave until the icing has set and then transfer to a serving plate.