Spiced Crunchy Chickpeas
Needing a new healthy snack option this week I decided to try out roasting chickpeas. My local markets have a stall selling various flavours, none of which appealed to me at all, so I have raided my spice rack and come up with my own concoction.
In all honesty, this was really easy to do, although I found the amount of spices needed were far more than what I originally thought. All in all Im quite happy. they are crunchy, flavoursome and really – quite Moorish:)
- 1 x can Chickpeas, drained (or you can use dried ones - just be sure to soak and cook them first)
- 2 x Tablespoons Sea Salt
- 2 x Tablespoons ground Cumin
- 2 x Tablespoons ground Sumac
- Preheat your oven to 200Deg C;
- Lay foil over a baking tray and set aside;
- Take a clean tea towel or paper towels and pat dry your chickpeas until they are completely free of liquid;
- Place in a single layer on the baking tray and put into the hot oven for 10 mins;
- After the first roasting, take the tray from the oven and give it a shake to ensure no chickpeas are sticking to the tray. (They should be dry and starting to crisp up by now);
- Take some spray oil and give a light spray over the whole tray;
- Now take your salt and spices and evenly coat the chickpeas with each one;
- Pop the tray back in the oven for another 10 mins. When done, take out to cool.
These chickpeas are lovely a stand alone snack, or you can chop them and add to salads for an extra yummy crunch!