Zesty Kangaroo Salad
This simple salad is really delicious and very simple to make. It’s fresh, vibrant and shows just how easy cooking Kangaroo can be.
If you think its difficult – you’re hopping mad!
- 1 x Kangaroo Fillet
- 4 x large handfuls of mixed Baby Salad Leaves
- 1 x handful Fresh Mint
- 1 x small Cucumber - sliced
- 1 x Avocado - diced
- 2 x handfuls Almonds - chopped
- Garlic Croutons
- For The Dressing
- 1 x Garlic Clove
- 1 x Pinch Sea Salt
- Juice of 1 x Lime
- Olive Oil
- Heat a pan to high and quickly cook your fillet. You want it just a few minutes on each side as the inside needs to still be fairly rare. Once done, cover and set aside to rest;
- Combine your salad leaves in a bowl and top with your cucumber, avocado, mint, almonds and croutons;
- Slice your Kangaroo fillet thinly and add to the salad;
- To make your dressing, combine your garlic clove and salt in a mortar & pestle. Crush well until you have made a smooth paste;
- Add your lime juice and mix well;
- Next add the olive oil. You will need about double the amount of oil to juice. Mix well and carefully pour evenly over your salad.
- Serve immediately.