Worldly Wednesday – Eggs Benedict – Not Just A Breakfast Food!
This being so it came to mind this week whilst searching for quick and easy dinners to serve that a pimped up Eggs Benedict may be just the ticket. Here’s how to do it…
PIMPED UP EGGS BENEDICT
Makes 1 x Serving
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 x Ham Steak (or you could do 1 x small salmon fillet if you so desire. Totally depends what you usually have with your eggs)
- 1 x Slice Bread – Toasted and warm
- 1 x Egg – Poached to perfection (whites are cooked, yolks are ready to pop at any moment)
- 1/4 bunch English Spinach – blanched and warm
- Hollandaise Sauce (made or bought)
THE HOW TO
Bring a pot of water to the boil for your eggs and grab a frypan for your ham;
Cook your ham steaks and set aside, covered to keep warm;
Whilst doing that, poach your eggs for approx. 2-3mins each. Cooking time here totally depends on a multitude of factors like water temp, egg temp and size of eggs so just watch them and keep your wits about you;
Wash & chop your spinach and once your eggs are done, turn off the heat and add the spinach to the hot water. Stir for 30 seconds, remove and drain;
Heat your Hollandaise and have it ready to go (if you are making from scratch, you will need to make your sauce before you start cooking);
Arrange your Eggs Benedict into a stack. First the Toast, then Ham, followed by Egg, Spinach and Hollandaise Sauce;
Season with Salt & Pepper and serve to the delights of the crowd.
Easy dinner tomorrow at your place? An eggcellent idea!!