Back to School Lunchbox Ideas Part Two!
Following on from our first post on school lunches, we have come up with some more great ideas to make your kids lunches fun and YUM!
The big tip is to spend a little money on some good equipment. It doesn’t have to be a lot however I will guarantee food will more likely be eaten if its not all squashed up together. Soggy sandwiches are never nice!
Today we will be sharing a selection of the different boxes, bags and containers on the market, helping you to create some lovely lunches!
- EZ Bento Lunchbox – Our personal favourite. 3 separate sections for food, BPA free, dishwasher, freezer and microwave safe;
- Insulated Lunch bags – A MUST! Pick one that’s big enough to fit your lunchbox, drink and a few extras;
- Zipzicle – My newest love. Homemade zooper dopers! Fill with juice, fruit puree, custard or yoghurt. Sold in packs of 12;
- Mini Ice Packs – great for keeping lunches cool in hot weather and perfect for soothing little bumps too!;
- Food Forks and Mini Cutlery – Cute and useful too! Perfect for saving hands from getting messy!;
- Re-Usable Food Pouches – Great Products!! They can be frozen, heated and dish-washed! Yay! They also double up as great lunchbox ice packs when frozen!;
- Re-usable Food Wraps – no more glad wrap here! Wash and re-use for your next sandwich or roll!;
- Cupcake Carrier – A cute little container which keeps your cupcake looking perfect – no more smooshy icing!;
- Mini Thermos – Fill with yummy soup or hot chocolate in the winter!
- Sandwich/Cookie Cutters – Make sandwiches fun by creating fun and interesting shapes!
Top Stores with great products:
Your local variety store, discount store and Asian supermarket should also have a good range of lunch boxes and equipment available. Have a good scout around – you never know what you might find!
Remember to make a stack of things beforehand to save yourself the before-school rush! Pre-fill all your food pouches, make some sandwiches and freeze or any of the other great ideas in our last Lunchbox post. You can also plan your lunch boxes ahead of time using our fabulous Monthly Meal Planner, to really keep you organised!
You don’t have to go all out and create a full bento lunchbox complete with food pictures, however I’m sure that if you do at least one special addition to your child’s lunchbox every day – they will be impressed!