Passionfruit Mousse with Vanilla Persian Fairy Floss
If you want to be the talk of the Christmas table this year then I have the recipe for you!
Using the best of our fresh summer Passionfruits, these light desserts are the perfect way to finish a heavy Christmas meal. They are topped with a gloriously decadent mound of Persian Fairy Floss so light so you will think you are tasting flavoured air.
Don’t be fooled by their looks. These sweet things are are lot easier to make than you realise…
- 12 x Passionfruits, pulp removed
- 1 x tablespoon powdered Gelatine
- 2 Eggs - separated
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 600ml Pure Cream
- 1 x 200g packet Pashmak Persian Fairy Floss
- Heat a small saucepan on a low heat and in it, combine your passionfruit pulp and gelatine. Stir well to combine, dissolving all the gelatine. Allow to cool slightly;
- With an electric mixer, beat together the sugar and egg yolks until light and fluffy, then combine with your passionfruit mixture;
- Take a new bowl and whip your cream until soft peaks form;
- Also in a separate bowl whip your egg whites until stiff;
- Carefully combine small amounts of the passionfruit mixture, cream and egg whites, folding carefully until all combined;
- Transfer to moulds and refrigerate for at least 4hrs, overnight if possible;
- Once ready to eat, take a small amount of your Persian Fairy Floss, swirl it around your finger and place carefully atop your mousse.
Top Tip! Decorate with your fairy floss just prior to serving. Persian Fairy Floss can be found in most good deli’s.