Worldly Wednesday – Eggy Breakfast Baskets
Breakfast. Its one of those meals I find I skip more often than not as I just don’t have enough time to make something appropriate (i’m picky you see..).
I LOVE a hot breakfast. Eggs, bacon, tomatoes – the lot! Its my breakfast of champions. Of course, running about after kids, getting everyone ready to go (and not being a morning person) means I have loads of time every day to have a fry up (yeah, right). Hence, this morning I came up with a super fast way to get my serve of eggs and bacon. I even managed to get it done in and around our usual morning routine with no trouble! …..here’s how:
EGGY BREAKFAST BASKETS
YOU WILL NEED:
- 6 x Eggs
- 6 x Mini Vine Tomatoes
- 6 x large-ish slices of bacon( ham, proscuitto – etc)
- a small handful fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 1/2 Avocado, diced
- Spray Oil
- 1 x 6 cup silicone cupcake pan
THE HOW TO:
- Preheat your oven to 200DegC;
- Grab a silicone cupcake pan and spray with a little oil;
- Take a slice or two of your smallgoods (whichever you fancy) and drape it in and around the pan so it makes a little cup;
- Add some Mini vine tomatoes (chopped), some sliced Basil and diced avocado into the cup;
- Crack your egg into the basket and top with a little cracked black pepper and salt;
- Bake for approx 10-15mins until your eggs are done and your meat is a little crispy.
Serve as is, or wrap in clingfilm and store in the fridge for a breakfast on the run tomorrow!
These baskets also make great lunchbox fillers or a yummy picnic food!