Worldly Wednesday: Ice-Cream Surprise Stacks
Seriously could a dessert be any easier than these ice-cream surprise stacks?
Ice cream of your choice (I used vanilla)
Fillings – I used fresh raspberries and chocolate topping.
Cardboard muffin cups
The How To:
It all depends on how you want the end result to look. I did layers in mine. This is how I did it…
- Soften your ice-cream (fancy description for leaving it out on the bench for a while)
- Pop a dollop of the topping into the bottom of your muffin cup.
- Squish in some ice-cream.
- Add a later of raspberries.
- Add in more ice-cream. Make sure top is level.
- Freeze overnight or until solid.
- Remove from freezer and carefully tear away the muffin cup and up-end onto a serving plate. Decorate with fresh raspberries.
I would suggest leaving out the raspberries from the ice-cream mix. They didn’t taste anywhere as nice frozen in comparison with the fresh ones I used for the plate decoration. If you want to use berries in the dessert, I suggest using a coulis.
Otherwise skip the berries and try crushed up crunchie bars, or blend through a peppermint crisp bar or smarties. I think my next attempt will be one with salted caramel. The options are endless!
What would your favourite combination be?