Menu Planning Madness!
Following on from Mel’s Menu Plan Monday, I am putting in my own 5 cents worth with a Menu Plan Friday (although it doesn’t have quite the same ring to it).
I brought home from the print shop today a brand spanky new Family Calendar (which I had printed on A2 and laminated). It takes pride of place on our fridge and ensures everyone knows what’s going on when and where everyone is suppost to be (not to mention what’s for dinner!).
Our family works on a fortnightly calendar and I only shop once during that time. Having the menu plan makes it easy to write your list and stick to it. Its saved us heaps of money, not to mention wasted food. So upcoming in our Sydney house we can expect the following:
- Pasta with Three Cheese Sauce;
- Hamburgers (with homemade meat patties);
- Sushi Rolls;
- Bits & Pieces (of whatever you fancy from the fridge/pantry. This is a great light meal if you are heading out to a big lunch);
- Homemade Pizzas;
- Quinoa Salad with Chicken (lookout for this recipe coming soon!);
- Falafel Wraps (This recipe is also coming soon!)
- Provençal’ Chicken & Mash;
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup from Sally Wise’ Slow Cooker book and Cheesy Rolls;
- Thai Style Potato Cakes and Salad;
- Massaman Curry A La Rick Stien (TOTALLY AWESOME, honestly!!);
- Masterstock Chicken (by Luke Nguyen) and Simple Stir Fried Greens;
- Rib Eye Stir fry with Dan Dan Noodles (Jamie Olivers’ 30 minute meals) This is such a great dish its become a staple at our place!!;
- Chicken Pie (Made by me, and yes – its totally fabulous too:))
Remember we always love to hear your comments or share in your favourite family meals!! Leave a comment and share your winning recipies!