Christmas Eve Drinkies!
T’was the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring…(except maybe the Barman!)
Check out these two great Christmas Drinks to make your Christmas Eve just that little bit more merry:)
Citrus Tequila Cocktail
(makes 1 glass)
1 part (shot) Tequila
4 parts lemon mineral water/lemon soda
3 or 4 fresh mint leaves
Juice of 1/2 a lime (or, if you forget to buy one – squeezy lime is just as good!)
MIX IT UP:
- Start by crushing the mint leaves and the lime juice together in your shaker. (As I am not fancy enough to own a muddle, I used my mortar from my mortar & pestle. You could also use the end of a rolling pin).
- Add your soda and tequila and a handful of ice to the shaker.
- Pop the lid on and give a light shake (it is soda, so don’t overdo it!)
- Pour into your prepared glass and serve!
I saw this on one of the Jamie’s 30 minute meals episodes and thought it would be perfect for Christmas!
A few mint sprigs
½ a lemon
A bottle of sparkling water
A large drink jug to serve in
MIX IT UP:
- Half fill your jug with ice-cubes.
- Scrunch up the mint sprigs and add along with the juice of half a lemon.
- Cut your pomegranate in half.
- Pop a sieve over your jug (we only have one sieve in this house and it was way too big – all I can say is don’t wear white when doing this, I had pomegranate spatters everywhere!) then hold your pomegranate over the sieve and tap the back of the pomegranate to assist the seeds in falling out.
- Then push down on the seeds so they burst and their juice falls goes into the jug. Once you’ve done both halves and got all the juice out you can, top with mineral water.
- Give it a stir to mix it up.
- I popped a few stray seeds in for looks!
Festive-looking and refreshing and perfect for anyone not drinking!
And if you need another drink, you could always serve up the Blood Orange and Raspberry Icypoles with Sparkling Wine from our post on Thursday or a Smooze inspired Pina Colada!