This is the recipe I go to when I want yummy, healthy(‘ish) muffins quickly that I know always work! I make a batch of these at least every fortnight and the kids devour them, and they have lots of veggies in them! I love Julie Goodwin and this recipe just makes me feel those nurturing Mum vibes that she gives off!
Julie Goodwin’s Cheesy Lunch Muffins – recipe from here
2 cups self raising flour
3 cups vegetables (grated carrot, grated zucchini, grated onions, corn kernels, chopped spinach, chopped shallots, fresh herbs are some suggestions) (I used all of that except for the onions and shallots. For the herbs I popped in rosemary and oregano)
1 1/3 cups grated tasty cheese.
½ cup milk
3 eggs (as per usual I used equivalent NoEgg to make it Master O friendly – works perfectly)
60g butter, melted
- Preheat oven 180°C (160°C fan forced) and grease a 12-hole (1/3 cup) muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Place flour into a large mixing bowl and stir in grated vegetables and cheese. Mix well.
- Whisk milk and eggs together and add cooled melted butter. Pour into the flour mixture and stir gently until just incorporated. (Make sure you cool the butter properly – unlike me – or it separates when you add it)
- Divide evenly amongst muffin pan (I do a mix of regular sized muffins and minis and adjust the cooking time to suit) and bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. A skewer inserted into the middle should come out clean.
- Cool in the tin before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Wrap in single serves and freeze in a sealed container for up to three months.