Worldly Wednesday – FreeNut Butter Cookies (gluten-free/allergen friendly)
Today’s Worldly Wednesday recipe is a yummy cookie and it’s a great one for people with allergies/food intolerances.
It’s another FreeNut Butter (my new favourite pantry staple) recipe. When the lovely people at Eskal sent us over some FreeNut Butter to try, they also sent some allergen-friendly recipes to try too. I’ll be testing them out and sharing them over the next couple of months – yum!
Eskal FreeNut Butter Cookies
1 cup Eskal FreeNut Butter Smooth
1 free range egg (or equivalent in egg replacer, I used No Egg)
1 cup caster sugar
2 tbsp gluten free flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 200 C or 180 C fan-forced.
2. Lightly beat the egg/egg replacer.
3. In a separate large stainless steel bowl, mix the egg/egg replacer, FreeNut Butter and sugar until combined.
5. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Roll two teaspoons of the mixture into a ball and place each ball in the tray until all the mixture has been used up.
6. Lightly flatten the balls by pressing down with the backside of a fork.
I realise now that I didn’t press mine down flat enough. The texture was more fudgey that biscuity, I wasn’t sure if that was due to the gluten-free flour or not? Suffice to say they DID taste good, but squash them down more if you want a crunchier cookie.
They reminded me a lot of Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups. Something was missing though… Oh! Chocolate!!
I didn’t have any gluten-free chocolate – however Eskal does make a range of gluten-free chocolate. I’m keen to get my hands on some and try their gluten-free brownies. I promise I’ll share!!