A great rainy day activity (your kiddies can pour all the ingredients into the pan and mix it before the heat goes on) this would also make a great little goody bag gift instead of lollies for a birthday party - I’m thinking of making up a heap of these and buying cookie cutters to match the party theme.
This makes the best smelling playdough!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil ( I only had olive oil or peanut oil, so used olive oil, it still worked fine)
- 2 tspn Cream of Tartar
- 85gm pack Jelly Crystals (sugarfree/reduced is best, but I’ve used both and they are fine, the low sugar ones knead together t0 a smooth, unsticky consistency quicker)
1. Mix all ingredients together and cook over medium heat, constantly stirring until it thickens and comes together to the consistency of mashed potatoes – it reminds me of cooking choux pastry a bit.
2. Let cool and knead with floured hands until dry and you don’t get the feeling of gelatine on your hands.
3. Add some fine glitter for extra sparkle and allow to completely cool before you pop it in an airtight container. I found the Klipo containers at my local Woollies for only a couple of dollars, the small ones are a perfect size, one batch makes 2 small containers and one larger one. I made the pink batch about three weeks ago and they are still perfectly fresh (and still smell yummy!)